“Jill Chamberlain’s Nutshell Technique goes way beyond tired old beat sheet ‘formulas’ and instead guides you to organically write the story you want to tell.”
― Callum Greene, Producer
Star Wars Episode 9, Crimson Peak, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Script Consultant Jill Chamberlain discovered in her work that 99% of new screenwriters failed to tell a story. What the 99% do instead is present a situation. Knowing the difference is critical for becoming a successful screenwriter! Which is why Jill created the Nutshell Technique®, a simple, straightforward method for getting straight to the guts of your story and ensuring that it works dramatically.
Since its publication in 2016, Jill’s book, The Nutshell Technique: Crack the Secret of Successful Screenwriting, was an instant classic. It is the go-to manual many professionals swear by, and it’s already on the syllabus for courses at University of Houston, University of Notre Dame, and the world renowned screenwriting program at Columbia University.
Ways To Learn:
- Sign up for private script consultation with Jill Chamberlain
- Attend weekly group classes in person in Austin
- Take the live Skype Group Video screenwriting workshop
- Watch the Introduction to the Nutshell Technique video class (coming soon)
- Buy the book — The Nutshell Technique: Crack the Secret of Successful Screenwriting (University of Texas Press) — available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Walmart.com, Target.com, etc.
Or watch screenwriters who have worked with Jill Chamberlain talk about what a difference her Nutshell Technique has made in improving their screenwriting in the book trailer: